I’m doing health exams lately and I had an appointment with the cardiologist. I learned that my heart is in very good condition. It is like I would do some sports which I’m not doing currently 😦 starting soon though!
We’ve talked about stress at work and life and I admitted I’m doing meditation practice sometimes. I’m trying to do it every day at least 5 minutes. Of course, sometimes life happens and it’s hard to do it. I’m trying to do my best though.
The cardiologist said it’s wonderful that I’m taking care of my heart in that way.
Meditation is like strength training for our mind
That’s what she said ;>. The doctor said also that for me doing some Ashtanga yoga, would be a nice way to take care of my body. This type of yoga is very dynamic and harder than the regular one. I want to start next week then :).
But back to meditation.
why is it worth to meditate?
Meditation helps to release the stress and also prevents us from feeling too much of this mostly negative feeling. Trains our motivation and helps to raise our dopamine levels (which helps with achieving our goals and so on). This simple act of self-care gives us a moment to chill and take some time for ourselves.
The doctor said that more people should practice meditation. It’s very beneficial for our health. Who am I to disagree 😉 ?
meditation – an easy guide
- Sit down. Any position is okay as long as you keep your back straight
- Breath deeply. Focus on your breath only.
- Thoughts pop up? Great. Don’t stress about it. Just calmly go back to focusing on your breath.
- Every session is good as long as you go back to your breath in a moment you notice you’re somewhere far away.
some extra tips
- It’s nice to turn off all the notification.
- Set countdown timer on your phone or whatever timer you own for 5 minutes to start with.
- It’s better to start meditation when there is no boiling soup or so that might cause any accident. Not because it will cause something but just to have less distraction.
- Do it every day. You’ll see the difference very soon if you do it regularly.
- I’m doing it every morning before anyone will text me on messenger or talk to me even. Find the best time for you. It might be evening, morning as in my case or maybe you can go to chill room every day before your lunch break?
“You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day — unless you’re too busy. Then you should sit for an hour.”
— Zen proverb
That’s all for today. Will you take a 30 days challenge of daily meditation? If so, let me know in the comment below.
As always, cheers, love